Ludlow's Island Resort

A friendly way to get to know about Ludlow's Island family resort up on Lake Vermilion, feel free to leave a comment.

Monday, January 23, 2006

New Resort Activity!!!!


Hello, I know it has been some time since my last post on here I apologize but I have been busy with delivering firewood to the island. It is alot easier to haul wood to an island when the lake if frozen since I am able to drive the truck out to the island and use a snowmobile to get to the wood sheds.(just in case you were wondering how that was done.)
We have gotten a lot more wood this year since we are gonna try an idea that I had this fall of having nightly beach fires for our guest to enjoy.
So I will work on some good campfire stories to share with the guest this coming season, maybe even come up with some good local folk lore about the Vermilion area.

Posted above is a picture of a local crawfish. That one of our very own Ben Tibbetts is holding.
One fun time of the summer is when a certain group of kids come up and we hang out at night and have crawfish catching contest at night. I think this last summer that we caught over 40 crawfish between all of us.
For those of you that havent gone crawfish hunting the easiest way to do it is tie a piece of uncooked bacon on a string and lower it to where you see crawfish and they will go and grab on to it and you can pull them right out of the water. That could be considered a usless piece of information until the day that you are really hungry and only have one piece of bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home