Ludlow's Island Resort

A friendly way to get to know about Ludlow's Island family resort up on Lake Vermilion, feel free to leave a comment.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

How famous is Ludlow's Island Resort?

This is a bad picture so if you have one near by use that and it works much better.

Today I was sitting in the office talking to Lori, as I was walking I forgot that I had some change in my pocket, it was four quarters two nickels and one penny. Now the story gets a little weird, one of my quarters was really shiny, so I checked it out and it was a Minnesota state quarter, I have not really looked at these yet, so I took a close look. If you have one handy I suggest you look at it too and maybe you will see the same thing I do.
If you have stayed with us before this should be a little fun (that or living in a small town has made me even more weird and easily amused) Picture yourself near our Wakemup and Balsm cabins on the south shore. Now look at the quarter, the loon is in the weeds that are just east of the Wakemup/Balsm beach then as you scan up the fishing boat which is in a spot were I see boats in the spring fishing for crappies. Are you still following me? Then right behind the boat you notice how the pine tree’s mound up and are higher than the rest, that is Ludlow’s Island(due to the small detail they weren’t able to put twilight in there). Now scan a just left of the Island, now this is where the state of Minnesota must of gotten jealous that we stole the majority of the space on the quarter, so they put the state image right over our camping island, but that’s ok we don’t mind sharing the glory. So now just left of the state of Minnesota, do you notice the big rock formation, that is the just off of our hiking trail, I always tell guest about that spot it’s a beautiful spot to sit and watch the lake.
So this is the part where you can respond back and either call me crazy or say “Wow John you have a great eye for detail!”. Don’t worry I get the crazy line a lot, but I thought that it was kind of funny and if your bored some night just use a little imagination and try it out.
Have a good one
John Burger

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger LUDLOW'S GUEST SERVICES said...

well thank you for visiting and for your comment
Have a good one
John Burger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home